Saturday, April 26, 2014

Weekly update: false uglification

The numbers look sooooo bad right now on mint, but they will improve a lot by early next week (probably Monday.)

Spending, April 20-26:

Travel: $31.50 for a ticket to be used during my CA trip; $138 for plane tickets

Food: $75 -- again a bit of a guess, since there was some cash for coffee etc here and there. Didn't have to buy groceries this week so this was all meals out, drinks at a conference. They do add up, huh.

Phone: $178.62. This is literally for the phone, plus a month of the plan.

Car insurance: $53.50

Gas: $118.12 (reimbursable) (Most of this is for a conference I'm attending, a 10-hour drive away from home; this is a TON of gas, way more than I usually get in month.)

Stupidity tax: $20 (parking ticket)

Student loan payment: $2418.88 (KILLING IT, this student loan is no more -- soon to be followed by its brother. Or, well, within the next few months anyway.)

Weekly total (without the student loan payment: $614.74, of which $116 is reimbursible, making the real total $498. This still seems like a lot -- except for the week I pay rent, I feel like my weekly expenses should rarely be more than a couple hundred bucks -- but maybe not. Maybe there's always something; food is a constant, but something else, a utility bill, something I need to buy, is always coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment