Saturday, April 19, 2014

Waiting for payday

Right now, I'm having some psychological trouble -- we get paid once a month, and literally since the end of last month I've been counting the minutes until I get paid *this* month, so I can throw a lot of money at the student loan. I just want it GONE, and it can't be until I get three more paychecks.

This is weird, because, like, in the meantime I'm supposed to be living my life -- doing my job, not just waiting for a check to come in! It's been hard to focus on anything but my net worth this month, though.

(Although that is not going to look pretty at the end of April, for two reasons: I decided it was silly to count my car, since that just doesn't seem to qualify as an asset. It's not like I'm going to sell it, after all. So I took it off mint.com. And second, I just put a ton of stuff on my credit card: I had to book movers, and nearly all of that will be reimbursable, but in the meantime it's going to sit on my card (which luckily has an 0% rate for the next year) and look ugly, until at least the end of July. And also I bought plane tickets for my May/June expedition to the West Coast, so there was a bigger expense than I usually have in a month, here. We should be in positive territory anyway by the end of the summer -- debt paid off, moving expenses reimbursed, plane tickets paid down -- but things are going to be weird for a while.)

But, psychologically, I'm going to have to get over just sitting around waiting to get paid, or realistically, I won't get paid for much longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment